NASTT’s 2018 No-Dig Show
Event Location: Palm Springs, Calif.
Event On: 3/25/2018 - 3/29/2018
Two Haley & Aldrich experts will be presenting at NASTT’s 2018 No-Dig Show in Palm Springs, California, from March 25 to 29.
Understanding geologic history when selecting trenchless installation methods
- Tuesday, March 27 from 11:10 a.m. to 11:35 a.m.
- Presented by: Bradford Miller and Dennis Doherty from Haley & Aldrich
- This presentation uses two case studies to demonstrate the controlling effects geology has on trenchless crossings and emphasizes that understanding the geologic history of an area is imperative for the trenchless design engineer. Brief guidance on locating geologic references and resources will also be discussed.
“It is not as simple as just a line on a piece of paper”
- Wednesday, March 28 from 9:15 a.m. to 9:40 a.m.
- Presented by: Dennis Doherty
- Too many engineers think that designing new trenchless installations is as simple as drawing a line on a piece of paper and put it on the contractor to install even if the installation is impossible. This presentation will discuss examples and issues that have arisen and how they can be avoided.
Visit the No-Dig website for more information on the conference.