Trenchless Technology Design
In recent years, trenchless technology has come to the forefront of the underground construction industry as an economical and environmentally friendly alternative to cut-and-cover pipeline construction.
Throughout our history, Haley & Aldrich has applied trenchless technologies, from small diameter pipe jacking to large diameter tunneling, to a wide range of construction challenges. Our team has successfully applied trenchless construction methods on pipeline projects throughout the U.S. and abroad involving auger boring, pipe jacking, pipe ramming, microtunneling, pilot tube microtunneling, horizontal directional drilling (HDD), and rock, soil and mixed-face tunneling.
- Feasibility and preliminary cost assessments
- Permitting and/or technical assistance for permitting by others
- Engineering geology support for route selection
- Geotechnical explorations and ground characterization
- HDD and microtunneling design; and contract drawings and specifications
- Jacking and receiving shaft design, drawings and specifications
- Preparation of engineer’s cost estimate for construction
- Pre-bid assistance
- HDD, microtunneling and pipe jacking construction management
- Design-Build capabilities