Sustainable, cost-saving approach reclaims Wellesley College land and lake for students
amount by which we reduced estimated off-site disposal costs
amount we potentially saved Wellesley in future groundwater monitoring costs
- Wellesley College hired Haley & Aldrich to help remediate land contaminated with lead and chromium from past industrial use.
- Our investigation significantly reduced the amount of sediment that needed dredging from the adjacent lake and brook.
- We also safely reused dredged material from the lake’s shoreline as fill on site, cutting estimated off-site disposal costs by a third.
- At the same time, we met everyone’s primary concerns — to protect human health and the environment.
- Wellesley also relied on our expertise to help select a contractor to remake the area as an athletic complex and wetland ecology study area.
For more information, contact: