Developing resilience: Living with water strategies for Greater Boston
Published on: September 22, 2015
Urban Land Institute – Boston/New England
Urban Land Institute – Boston/New England members including Heather Scranton from Haley & Aldrich
This report focuses on resiliency strategies related to sea level rise and coastal storms in Greater Boston. It summarizes the findings of four Local Product Councils, each comprised of 40 to 50 land-use professionals and ULI members. The report centers on five overarching questions:
• What are the key vulnerabilities and barriers to resiliency in Greater Boston?
• What factors contribute to perpetuating these barriers?
• What are the opportunities to make Greater Boston more resilient?
• What actionable steps should be prioritized?
• How can barriers be overcome through creative collaboration with existing networks and funding sources?